This post is sponsored by Hill’s. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Hill’s® Science Diet® Perfect Weight 10 Week Turn Around, but Some Pets only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.
As I have previsouly discussed, over 50% of pets are overweight. Hill’s® Science Diet® Perfect Weight food aims to fix that with a breakthrough nutrition formula made to achieve and maintain a healthy weight for your pet, plus improve quality of life. They even have a new special formula for small and toy breed dogs: Hill’s® Science Diet® Small and Toy Breed Formula. But there is more to achieiving the perfect weight than just feeding a quality food. You also want to set up a healthy routine. That is where the Hills 10 Week Turn Around Calendar comes into play. This handy tool can help you formulate the perfect plan to help your pet achieve his or her perfect weight.
Formulating a Healthy Routine
Using the 10 Week Turnaround Calendar, which comes as a printable PDF file, you can plan your pet’s weight loss journey. Start with a before picture, plan feedings, the amount of food to give, treats, and exercise, and then track it all with the weekly weight tracker. Having a calendar assures that you remember to include exercise in your pet’s routine and that you don’t overfeed treats (check out this treat translator to get an idea of just how a sinlge chip or peice of cheese can translate into extra calories in your pet’s diet).
You can also use the calendar to check off key daily or weekey items in your pet’s routine and double check that nothing is left out. For example do you have a well thought out feeding and treat schedule? Have you included enough active time time for your pet? The calendar helps you think these things through.
Our Corgi’s Schedule
Here is the schedule for my corgis Ty and Eve:
- Feed a measured amount of food, plus supplements and prescription medications.
- Potty time, which includes some yard time for exercise.
- Corgi attention time before the humans go to work, with extra play time on the days that I work from home.
- A low calorie treat before going in the crates.
- Swimming or physicial therapy for Eve two days per week (Eve goes to work with me on those days).
- Dinner at about 4pm when I get home from work, plus supplements and prescription medications.
- Outside to potty, which includes yard time for exercise, followed by any needed daily grooming such as brushing.
- Corgi attention time with active games such as playing ball, doing brain games, or practicing noseworks or agility. Low calories treats included with some activities.
- After dinner walk when the weather is nice. If not, then more corgi attention and game time. Corgis can’t get enough attention right?
- Outside to potty before bed, with some yard time.
- One low calorie treat when going into the crates.
Weekends: Our weekends are similar, except that we are home all day, so the dogs are out of their crates and active. We often plan extra weekend activities. Those often include things that incorporate more exercise such as long walks, extra yard play, agility games, noseworks, or lure coursing. We also do major gooming on weekends, so that is when nails and baths get done as needed.
What does your calendar look like? Do you have one? If not, give it a try. Remember to start out easy. The 10 Week Turnaround is not a fad diet, it is a thought out plan to reach or maintain the perfect weight.
Perfect Weight pet food is available at your favorite pet retailer and at Pet360, where you can get an additional discount using autoship.