This post is sponsored by The Nuzzle Smart GPS Collar® and the BlogPaws Professional Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helpingspread the word about the nuzzle Indiegogo Crowd Funding Campaign, but Some Pets only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Nuzzle is not responsible for the content of this article.
One of my biggest fears is losing my pets. When we recently moved to a new home, we had a period of time without a fence and having the dogs out on tie-outs made me quite nervous. If either got loose, there were be a lot of open space for them to cover, and they could easily get lost. Fortunately, nothing happened, but I sure would have loved to have had a Nuzzle GPS Collar for each dog.
As a geocacher, I have always been interested in GPS technology. I love the idea of GPS tracking for dogs, but until now, most options involved monthly fees. Nuzzle does not. Nuzzle also provides some really unique features in their GPS tracker collar, which includes a mobile app, so you can use it not just for safety but to also monitor your dog’s general movements.
ABOUT the Nuzzle GPS Collar:
The Nuzzle GPS collar is lightweight, waterproof, durable, and, as a particularly awesome feature, it has no monthly fee. You can follow your pet’s every movement with always-on GPS and cellular connectivity. Primary features include the ability to check on your pet from anywhere. Nuzzle will show your pet’s location and your pet’s current state of active, resting, or walking. You can track your pet’s path during walks, along with the distance covered. You can put records of your pet’s medical history and insurance information in the mobile app so that you can have health information accessible at the palm of your hand.
The Nuzzle app has 2 main screens. First is your pet’s profile, which will show the distribution of activity throughout the day (e.g. 4 hours of resting, 2 hours walking, and so on). You can set multiple profiles. Second, is the pet map. With the map, you can go into your pet’s profile and click on the map view to see where your pet is. You can also get alerts when your pet moves beyond a set “geo fence”
How Nuzzle is Different From Competitors
- No monthly fees: Nuzzle is the ONLY smart pet GPS product on the market that does not require a monthly fee. Nuzzle is absorbing the data plan costs on its own.
- Easy battery charging: Nuzzle provides the easiest charging experience. The Nuzzle battery is easily removable from the collar, so you can charge it while leaving the collar on your pet. In addition, Nuzzle provides an additional battery with each purchase. That way, the collar is never left uncharged.
- Geo-fencing: The Nuzzle app allows you to create a virtual fence. When your pet leaves that area, you will be automatically alerted.
- Impact detection: Nuzzle will notify you if the collar has been hit hard. That way, you can know if your puppy is playing rough, or may have gotten into an accident.
- Waterproof: The collar can survive a rainy day and some puddle play. Just don’t submerge it for hours of course.
- Temperature monitoring: The collar can detect temperature. So, if your dog is outside too long in the heat or the cold, you will know.
- Detachable tracker: The Nuzzle tracker can be detached and reattached to your personal collars and harnesses.
This collar is perfect for any pet owner concerned about safety or who simply wants better monitoring of their pet. I also think it would be extra useful for working dogs, such as hunting dogs, sport dogs, farm dogs, and pets that are often outdoors. It can be used with cats too! I want one quite badly for my own dogs.
Nuzzle is raising funds for it’s smart collar on Indiegogo. Go to Indiegogo to order a Nuzzle collar today!
You can also learn more on Nuzzle’s Facebook Page.