Disclosure: sponsored post
Note: Some Pets no longer recommends pet food and no longer covers kibble or any treats or food that contain high levels of filler grains, necessary ingredients, or sugar. This post was written previous to that change.
Holidays are always a great time to spoil your pets. The humans in our household tend to not give presents to each other because we always take a holiday vacation instead, but the dogs definitely get gifts! They even have their own stockings!
Including your dog in your holiday plans is easy. Here are some ideas based on things that we have done:
- Make DIY stockings for your pets. I made ours with basic stockings bought at the craft store, some glue and glitter. Just write the name in glue and sprinkle glitter on it. Let it dry, and you are ready to go!
- Buy holiday treats. You can get items like BLUE Santa Snacks™ and rawhides shaped like candy canes to make treat giving part of the seasonal festivities.
- Get your dogs brain games for the holidays. I love how treat puzzles work the dog’s brain and it is a great way to incorporated the extra holiday treats into something fun and entertaining.
- Let your dogs open their own gifts. I often put the dogs’ gifts in decorative bags, so that they can reach in and take out their presents on their own. They love “opening” up new toys and treats!
- Get special beds and toys in holiday colors. Then your dog’s favorite things will match your holiday decor.
- Feed your dog a special dinner. You can use a product such as BLUE Santa Stew Holiday Feast as a special holiday dinner.
This year, Ty and Eve are getting BLUE Santa Snacks in their stockings and they will get a special Santa Stew dinner. BLUE Santa Snacks are healthy dog treats made with natural ingredients, and they come in a fun holiday theme package.They are baked with oatmeal and cinnamon. I love the cute shapes that they come in!
BLUE Santa Stew Holiday Feast is a canned food made with turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans and cranberries. Both items are part of Blue Buffalo’s Seasonal Sensations line that also include holiday items celebrating Valentine’s Day, Independence Day and Halloween and both are available for a limited time. All Blue Buffalo products are made with high-quality, natural ingredients.
Ty is ready for his holiday treats!